Cinnamon is a spice that is everyones favourite. The sweet flavour it imparts to anything it is added to be unique! We Indians love to add it to desserts biriyanis and many Mughlai gravies.
1. Cinnamon tea is one of the most beneficial methods to beat diabetes. To make the tea, boil cinnamon in water for 15 minutes. The water will turn brown in colour, strain the liquid and drink. To add flavour you could add a few leaves of tulsi while boiling and add a spoon of honey for sweetness. Keep sipping on this tea throughout the day. Here are more health benefits of tulsi.
2. Can help delay the onset of Alzheimers: when administered on a daily basis to patients with Alzheimers improved their longevity and bettered the locomotor defects they experience once afflicted with the disease.
3. To protect from disease, have a teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon with a little bit of honey. Have this every day on an empty stomach. If you find this mixture too pungent, try having it as tea.
4. It was found that cinnamon extract was a potent weapon against leukaemia and lymphomas. The study found that the extract worked by blocking the path of certain components that were important for the regeneration of the cell, inhabited the further multiplication of cancerous cells, and slowly reduced their spread. It also found that the higher the amount of extract the better the results.
5. Add cinnamon to your daily diet either by sprinkling it on your food or with honey.
4. Relieves arthritic pain: Cinnamon is packed with a compound known as cinnamon which has very strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a great home remedy for arthritic pain. Its natural heating mechanism provides added relief to aching joints.
5. Helps in digestion: Cinnamon is packed with mineral manganese, fibre, essential oils and calcium.
6. To relieve a stomach upset have cinnamon tea infused with mint leaves about two to three times a day.
7. Helps with weight loss: Cinnamon has great digestive properties; it helps with weight loss by regulating the breakdown of carbohydrates and the production and use of insulin by the body. It also helps improve the digestion and assimilation of food within the body, helping one lose weight.
8. Helps beat acne: Cinnamon is a common spice and flavouring agent but the essential oil it contains also has strong anti-microbial properties. The water activity of honey is very low and this means that it does not contain a lot of moisture which can promote the growth of microorganisms. Considering that pimples often arise from an infection within the pores of the skin, combining cinnamon with honey is an effective remedy.