1. Suryanamaskar stretch from the mind to the whole body.
2. The muscles are strengthened and become well-toned.
3. Blood circulation is improved and irregular menstrual cycles are regulated.
4. Suryanamaskar is effective in reducing the weight of individuals. Abdominal muscles get well-toned and excessive fat around the waist is lost. Extra calories are lost and flexibility is improved. Digestion is improved.
5. Depression is alleviated and anxiety is reduced.
6. Sleep and concentration are improved.
7. Functioning of the endocrine system, including thyroid, pituitary glands, adrenal gland, parathyroid, testes, and ovaries are improved.
8. Maintains good posture.
9. Suryanamaskar increases systolic pressure, improves pulmonary function, alleviates depression, improves hand grip endurance, and is a good form of cardiovascular exercise.
10. Performing surya namaskar improves the efficiency of children. There is an elevation of energy levels and physical stamina. Concentration, memory, and the functioning of the nervous system are improved. The mind becomes calm through this exercise. Children show improved sleep cycles and metabolic functions. Their muscles become flexible and well-toned.
11. Women who show severe cramping, lower back pain, and severe loss of blood during menstruation, are advised to wait till the period of menstruation is over before attempting the exercise.
12. A regular regimen results in a clear complexion and glowing skin. Muscles are toned and flexibility is improved.