The health benefits of organic food are more based on perception than real facts. However, the sweeping public opinion that organic food is healthier than conventional food is quite strong, and is the main reason for about 30% of growth in the organic food industry over the past 5-6 years. Much of this inflated support of organic food as a healthier alternative comes from environmental groups who don't want pesticides and fertilizers to do any more damage to the environment, so promoting organic foods, which don't use those types of chemicals, seems like a good way to get the results they want. The producers of organic food are also very strong contributors to the idea that organic food is superior to other types.
1. No pesticides, chemicals, or processed additives bogging down your system mean a smaller risk of disease, illness, and disorders in yourself. Nothing leaves you feeling tired and gross like unhealthy junk food.
2. Whole foods help to prevent major and minor diseases and illnesses, meaning lower health care costs and less likelihood of missing work, one of the hidden advantages of organic food.
3. Brain tells body to eat partially based on the nutrients it receives. Now that we know eating organic means more nutrients, it means brain won't tell body to keep eating like it does with junk food.
4. Safe from Dangerous Pesticides: Chemical pesticides have been linked to breast, prostate and other cancers, leukaemia, infertility, convulsions, immune and endocrine disorders etc.
5. Safe from Scary Chemicals: Herbicides and fertilizers have been connected with various cancers, immune disorders, infertility, cardiac disease, hypertension, and numerous other diseases.